In Type 1 diabetes, usually onset in children, patient's have to inject themselves with insulin in order for their bodies to metabolize and use sugar in their cells. Scientists at Boston Children's Hospital have found a specific pathway that causes the cells of the pancreas to attack itself, rendering it impossible to produce insulin. Once this pathway is understood, there is a clearer pathway to finding a cure.
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 04/09/2016Torture or treatment: Episode 3-Erector set for your foot
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.
- Posted on 04/24/2016 Keeping your feet healthy as a diabetic is easy once you have the right strategy to maintain those healthy feet