Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It is due to the inflammation of a band of tissue on the bottom of your foot that originates from the heel, goes across the arch, and inserts into the ball of the foot. There are many causes, from lack of arch support, to tight Achilles tendon/heel cords, to a change in activity. For the president, who is a fit 52 year old, 6 feet 1 inch and a healthy 180 pounds, his right heel pain is what is ailing him these days. Let's hope his physicians have a tried and true treatment protocol like the physicians at PPFAC! If you think you have plantar fasciitis and need treatment, please visit us at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic where one of our doctors will be able to examine and diagnose you. To read more about the president's heel pain, click here.
Posted on Jun 23, 2014
- Posted on 12/01/2020End of the Year - Are your Feet Still Hurting?
- Posted on 10/05/2020Back in Shoes and Now my Feet Hurt
- Posted on 03/11/2020Everything You Need to Know About Childhood Heel Pain
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.
- Posted on 01/14/2020 How Can I Prevent Heel Pain?
- Posted on 11/19/2019 What Causes Heel Pain and How Long Will it Last?