Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It is due to the inflammation of a band of tissue on the bottom of your foot that originates from the heel, goes across the arch, and inserts into the ball of the foot. There are many causes, from lack of arch support, to tight Achilles tendon/heel cords, to a change in activity. For the president, who is a fit 52 year old, 6 feet 1 inch and a healthy 180 pounds, his right heel pain is what is ailing him these days. Let's hope his physicians have a tried and true treatment protocol like the physicians at PPFAC! If you think you have plantar fasciitis and need treatment, please visit us at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic where one of our doctors will be able to examine and diagnose you. To read more about the president's heel pain, click here.
Posted on Jun 23, 2014
- Posted on 02/27/2019Why Standing All Day Is So Bad for Your Feet
- Posted on 09/21/2018Plantar Fasciitis - Heel Pain Stretching Videos
- Posted on 01/25/2018The most advanced therapy available in Elmhurst now!
- Posted on 11/28/2018 My Child's Heel Hurts: What Should I Do?
- Posted on 11/27/2018 Heel pain doesn't have to get you down and it isn't just a part of getting older despite what some people think
- Posted on 05/06/2015 Adult Flatfoot is also referred to as PTTD, or posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Learn more about this condition by reading on.