Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It is due to the inflammation of a band of tissue on the bottom of your foot that originates from the heel, goes across the arch, and inserts into the ball of the foot. There are many causes, from lack of arch support, to tight Achilles tendon/heel cords, to a change in activity. For the president, who is a fit 52 year old, 6 feet 1 inch and a healthy 180 pounds, his right heel pain is what is ailing him these days. Let's hope his physicians have a tried and true treatment protocol like the physicians at PPFAC! If you think you have plantar fasciitis and need treatment, please visit us at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic where one of our doctors will be able to examine and diagnose you. To read more about the president's heel pain, click here.
Posted on Jun 23, 2014
- Posted on 02/23/2021The last thing you want to do is ignore that pain! Read on to see why it is important to take care of your foot pain fast.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 10/05/2020Pain in shoes is not an indication not to wear them. Read on to learn a couple common reasons why your feet and shoes aren't getting along.
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 02/01/2021 A few simple tips can help you avoid heel pain or future heel pain. Read on to learn what can help you!
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.