Flip flops seem to be the summer's universal footwear, for young and old, male and female alike. However even though they are often cheap and plentiful, they may cause more harm to your feet than you realize. Due to the flimsiness of the material, your toes have to work hard to "grip" the soles, which can lead to hammer toes, or contracted toes and the pain that can go along with it. In addition, since they are flat as pancakes, they often lack arch support. This can aggravate conditions related to heel pain such as plantar fasciitis and /or achilles tendonitis. Not to mention that there is absolutely no protection against minor scrapes and cuts depending on the terrain you are walking on. Instead of flip flops, Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic recommends Spenco total recovery sandals. They have a deep heel cup, a great arch support, and a metatarsal raise that will prevent heel and toe pain. To read more about why you should NOT wear traditional flip flops, read this recent news article. You have to stop by our office and see for yourself - I mean, try them on for yourself!
Posted on May 22, 2014
- Posted on 11/30/2017A vacation for you should be a vacation for your feet
- Posted on 11/17/2017The 'back in shoes' blues
- Posted on 11/13/2017Dressed to Shop
- Posted on 12/12/2018 Read on to learn more of the in's and out's of custom orthotics.
- Posted on 09/06/2018 What is uglier than gym shoes? A LOT of things
- Posted on 06/11/2016 Wearing the right shoe has a lot more to do with than just the size. Read on to learn more...