Flip flops seem to be the summer's universal footwear, for young and old, male and female alike. However even though they are often cheap and plentiful, they may cause more harm to your feet than you realize. Due to the flimsiness of the material, your toes have to work hard to "grip" the soles, which can lead to hammer toes, or contracted toes and the pain that can go along with it. In addition, since they are flat as pancakes, they often lack arch support. This can aggravate conditions related to heel pain such as plantar fasciitis and /or achilles tendonitis. Not to mention that there is absolutely no protection against minor scrapes and cuts depending on the terrain you are walking on. Instead of flip flops, Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic recommends Spenco total recovery sandals. They have a deep heel cup, a great arch support, and a metatarsal raise that will prevent heel and toe pain. To read more about why you should NOT wear traditional flip flops, read this recent news article. You have to stop by our office and see for yourself - I mean, try them on for yourself!
Posted on May 22, 2014
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions!
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics are an effective adjunct to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!