Flip flops seem to be the summer's universal footwear, for young and old, male and female alike. However even though they are often cheap and plentiful, they may cause more harm to your feet than you realize. Due to the flimsiness of the material, your toes have to work hard to "grip" the soles, which can lead to hammer toes, or contracted toes and the pain that can go along with it. In addition, since they are flat as pancakes, they often lack arch support. This can aggravate conditions related to heel pain such as plantar fasciitis and /or achilles tendonitis. Not to mention that there is absolutely no protection against minor scrapes and cuts depending on the terrain you are walking on. Instead of flip flops, Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic recommends Spenco sandals. They have a deep heel cup, a great arch support, and a metatarsal raise that will prevent heel and toe pain.
Posted on May 22, 2014
- Posted on 05/03/2021Why Do I Need A 2nd Pair Of Orthotics?
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 03/28/2021 Custom Orthotics Fit In Those Shoes?
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.