Toe separators, made of foam or silicone or even lamb's wool, are helpful to prevent friction when hammer toes rub up against each other when walking. Although this may relieve the pain or friction causing corns, it does not keep them separated when removed. Other toe separators such as "yogi toes" may make them feel better, however hammer toes are due to an intrinsic muscle imbalance. Holding the hammer toes in a certain position will not make them "grow" like that or make them stay in that altered position. The only way to change the position of hammer toes is surgical correction. There are effective ways to decrease pain, such as strapping and padding that decrease areas of pressure. And custom orthotics will prevent hammer digits from worsening, but also will not correct their position.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 10/05/2020Pain in shoes is not an indication not to wear them. Read on to learn a couple common reasons why your feet and shoes aren't getting along.
- Posted on 02/12/2020About those Bunions: Are They Really Just a Bump?
- Posted on 03/15/2021 Over the decades of surgically correcting bunions, there is now an answer that addresses nearly every concern of the past procedures.
- Posted on 02/04/2021 Dr. Doyle is a Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction Surgeon!
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!