In general, a nail fungus will not go away on its own. However sometimes trauma to the nail can appear as a fungus, and this will occasionally grow out on its own. If you have a question about if a thickened nail is a fungus or not, there is a way to determine if it is by performing a biopsy. If you have any questions regarding a fungal nail infection, make an appointment today! We will recommend Tolcylen topical nail ointment to treat the nail. There are other options for treatment that can be discussed as well.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat