In general, a nail fungus will not go away on its own. However sometimes trauma to the nail can appear as a fungus, and this will occasionally grow out on its own. If you have a question about if a thickened nail is a fungus or not, there is a way to determine if it is by performing a biopsy. If you have any questions regarding a fungal nail infection, make an appointment today! We will recommend Tolcylen topical nail ointment to treat the nail. There are other options for treatment that can be discussed as well.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 06/03/2020Ridging and discoloration in nails can be frustrating - treating it should be directed at first establishing the cause. Read on to learn more.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat