A bunion is a bony bump that forms on the joint at the base of the big toe. Since this is a bony deformity, it can only be corrected with surgical intervention. The joint pain that can come with a bunion can be alleviated with custom orthotics by allowing the foot to be positioned in a biomechanically stable position, and custom orthotics can also prevent worsening of the deformity and after surgical intervention will help prevent its recurrence.
- Posted on 06/01/2020How Do Different Shoe Styles Affect My Feet?
- Posted on 11/29/2019Will You Join My Resolution & Take Better Care of Yourself?
- Posted on 11/06/2019Check out Our Top 10 List of “Foot Don’ts”
- Posted on 10/24/2019 What are Hammertoes and Do They Require Surgery?
- Posted on 07/18/2019 Pregnancy causes changes throughout our whole body - feet included! Be sure to pamper them so they can carry you all the way to delivery.
- Posted on 05/19/2019 Learn how women's shoe choices affect their feet