A stretching splint is an essential component of treatment for heel pain. Your physician will or likely has already told you the importance of wearing this to bed at night. The reason for this is that heel pain can often get worse overnight resulting in a lot of pain with the first few steps out of bed in the morning. At night our feet are relaxed and pointed more downwards. This position plays into the tightness present in the achilles tendon and arch of the foot, so when you get up, you have a ways to go until the ligament is more stretched and functional. Using a stretching splint helps to gain range of motion and loosen up these tight structures to reduce that morning pain especially but helps in the longrun with flexibility too!
- Posted on 05/03/2021Why Do I Need A 2nd Pair Of Orthotics?
- Posted on 03/07/2021Why Do My Feet and Ankles Swell During and After Pregnancy?
- Posted on 01/16/2021How to get pain relief for those aching feet
- Posted on 06/20/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 04/11/2021 When Should An Athlete Go See A Doctor?
- Posted on 03/28/2021 Custom Orthotics Fit In Those Shoes?