A stretching splint is an essential component of treatment for heel pain. Your physician will or likely has already told you the importance of wearing this to bed at night. The reason for this is that heel pain can often get worse overnight resulting in a lot of pain with the first few steps out of bed in the morning. At night our feet are relaxed and pointed more downwards. This position plays into the tightness present in the achilles tendon and arch of the foot, so when you get up, you have a ways to go until the ligament is more stretched and functional. Using a stretching splint helps to gain range of motion and loosen up these tight structures to reduce that morning pain especially but helps in the longrun with flexibility too!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 02/03/20205 Ways to Get Proactive About Your Foot Health
- Posted on 04/24/201910 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 07/08/2020 Diabetic Neuropathy can affect you and your feet in many ways
- Posted on 04/27/2020 Stretching splints are critical in the care of many foot conditions.