It is true that NSAIDs (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) are a short term effective way to decrease inflammation which leads to decrease in pain. However, long term use is discouraged due to the many side effects. GI side effects are very common, such as upset stomach, acid reflux, and even gastric ulcers. NSAIDs can also cause sodium retention and can aggravate high blood pressure. In addition, it can have long term effects on the kidneys and can lead to renal impairment. If you are taking other medications also metabolized in the kidneys, this can have an even more profound effect. So long term use is not recommended; instead speak to your doctor about alternatives for pain and edema reduction such as our MLS laser.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 02/03/20205 Ways to Get Proactive About Your Foot Health
- Posted on 04/24/201910 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 07/08/2020 Diabetic Neuropathy can affect you and your feet in many ways
- Posted on 04/27/2020 Stretching splints are critical in the care of many foot conditions.