Compounding pharmacists have far more options than commercial medicines provide, since commercial medicines are available only in fixed doses and in certain forms. (Many pain medications are available commercially in oral form only.) Compounded topical pain formulations can include a number of drugs, all in one preparation.
You may also be interested in
- Who should NOT use topical pain creams
- Which conditions are topical pain medications ideal for
- Why did my doctor prescribe a topical pain medication and not a pill
- What types of medications can be put into a topical cream
- How are topical medications usually applied
- How are topical pain medications dispensed