Part of the wart treatment protocol at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic involves applying a medication daily at home. In order for the medication to treat the wart, it is important to remove the layer of thickened skin that forms on the bottom of the foot. The best way to do this is with pumi stone, which we have here in our office. It works the best when it is used after a shower or after soaking your feet in order to remove the softened skin. That way, the medication can get to where it needs to go - exactly on the wart itself.
- Posted on 08/06/2020Painful ingrown toenails and what treatments are available to you at PPFAC.
- Posted on 01/22/2020Learn the 4 Worst Winter Foot Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Posted on 08/27/2019This is Why (and How) You MUST Clean Your Yoga Ma
- Posted on 10/12/2020 Having excessively sweaty or wet feet causes an environment that is all too nice for microorganisms that can cause your little one macro troubles.
- Posted on 09/07/2020 Cutting toenails was common practice for podiatrists at one point, but today we only perform this for those most at risk.
- Posted on 05/15/2020 Why is the skin on my feet so dry and flaky?