In order for a broken bone to heal, it needs to be immobilized and in good alignment. Taping a toe to the toe next to it achieves both of these! By taping the broken to to the toe next to it, the injured toe is stabilized and this promotes healing across that fracture site. In addition, it will decrease movement, which in turn decreases pain. It is important to have the accurate diagnosis of a broken toe in order for the doctor to determine the correct treatment, and our doctors do this with digital X-ray onsite. We want our patients to be back to their activities and pain free as soon as possible, and our doctors make that happen with a quick diagnosis and rapid start on the treatment plan!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 11/08/2020Before You Go Out to Rake those Leaves
- Posted on 07/01/2020I think I stepped on something and I think it is embedded in my foot
- Posted on 12/05/2020 What does swelling in my foot and ankles mean?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 I don't recall any trauma, so why do I have pain on the outside of my foot? Could be tendinitis.
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.