It is a good idea to have your orthotics re evaluated at least once a year by your podiatrist. There are some indications you need a new pair, for example if the top cover is worn out or the bottom appears worn. The shell may need to be replaced, as heat, weight-bearing, and wear and tear may take its toll and may not longer be giving you enough support. Some of our patients come in becaus their symptoms are slowly returning, and often the cause is that the orthotics are worn and no longer providing adequate support. So although your orthotics may appear to be in good shape, it is a good idea to have them evaluated at least once a year.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions!
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics are an effective adjunct to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!
- Posted on 03/11/2020 Here are 3 Ways to Know That Your Shoes Don’t Fit