Heel pain (plantar fasciitis) is caused by both inflammation and poor biomechanics. At our office we treat all causes of the pain to provide comprehensive care. A steroid injection in the heel can be useful to reduce inflammation, but in many cases the heel pain will return if the biomechanics are not restored. Steroid injections are also invasive. In some instances of heel pain an injection is warranted earlier in treatment, but we have found that in most cases there is no need for steroid injection if 1st line treatments are strictly adhered to.
- Posted on 02/23/2021The last thing you want to do is ignore that pain! Read on to see why it is important to take care of your foot pain fast.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 10/05/2020Pain in shoes is not an indication not to wear them. Read on to learn a couple common reasons why your feet and shoes aren't getting along.
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 02/01/2021 A few simple tips can help you avoid heel pain or future heel pain. Read on to learn what can help you!
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.