Toenails become thick for two main reasons: Fungal infection and trauma. Here at PPFAC, we can determine which is the reason in your case by taking a nail biopsy which is nearly painless and yields results in less than 3 weeks. After we have our answer, we have many treatments for both conditions. Fungal nail treatment is discussed in detail on our site. If nails are thick without fungal infection, the changes to the nails can be managed with kera nail gel. It is urea based and helps to make thick toenails thinner and more manageable! Call us to make an appointment to come in and and start treating those thick nails! For more information about bothersome toenails, click here!
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat
- Posted on 05/23/2018 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails