Toenails become thick for two main reasons: Fungal infection and trauma. Here at PPFAC, we can determine which is the reason in your case by taking a nail biopsy which is nearly painless and yields results in less than 3 weeks. After we have our answer, we have many treatments for both conditions. Fungal nail treatment is discussed in detail on our site. If nails are thick without fungal infection, the changes to the nails can be managed with kera nail gel. It is urea based and helps to make thick toenails thinner and more manageable! Call us to make an appointment to come in and and start treating those thick nails! For more information about bothersome toenails, click here!
- Posted on 08/06/2020Ingrown Toenail Procedures
- Posted on 06/03/2020Why do my nails have ridging?
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus