Cramps in your toes and feet can occur due to various reasons. One of the most common causes is dehydration; when your body doesn't get enough water, this causes an electrolyte imbalance that will affect your muscles. Another cause can be due to ill fitting shoes. Tight shoes do not allow the tendons in the toes to function optimally when weight bearing, and can cause them to seize and cramp up. Another cause can be lack of exercise and flexibility. To prevent cramps from occurring, be sure to exercise your lower extremity. Exercise allows your tendons and muscles to stretch and contract the way they were meant to be, which keeps them healthy.
- Posted on 06/15/2021Getting outside is beneficial in so many ways. Here are a few suggestions on how to enjoy it.
- Posted on 05/13/2021Read on to find out ways to safely proceed with your return to running.
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 06/20/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 05/27/2021 Read to see the benefits of 10,000 steps per day!
- Posted on 04/11/2021 When Should An Athlete Go See A Doctor?