When your child complains of heel pain and you bring him or her to a general pediatrician, it may be dismissed as "growing pains" and not taken seriously. However if your child is experiencing heel pain for more than a few days, it may be Sever's disease, or an inflammation of the growth plate, or something more serious such as a fracture. If your child is complaining of pain in the heel, limping, avoiding activity and avoiding shoes, it is time to bring them to a foot and ankle specialists such as our doctors here at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic. Whether it is due to an injury or repetitive overuse, the pain and discomfort your child feels is very real and can often be diagnosed after a thorough exam and digital x rays performed on site. A foot and ankle specialist can also help evaluate shoes and come up with a program to prevent recurrence. So bring your child into a foot and ankle specialist sooner than later, and he or she will thank you.
- Posted on 04/08/2021Read to learn about some of the common foot conditions in kids and how you can help avoid them!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Healthy Habits to Finish the Year Strong!
- Posted on 07/03/2020Injuries in kids are not always the same as those in adults. Some key differences make it even more important to have your child evaluated to reduce the risk of future damage to their foot or ankle.
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 10/12/2020 Having excessively sweaty or wet feet causes an environment that is all too nice for microorganisms that can cause your little one macro troubles.
- Posted on 08/31/2019 Learn the Rules for Shoe Shopping with Kids