There are really 2 basic reasons people end up having surgery for their contracted toes. The first is rubbing and irritation. This can be from your shoes or even rubbing on other toes. Another reason is pain in the joint just behind the toe, often on the bottom of the foot called capsulitis. Often when a toe changes position it puts increased stress at this joint and causes pain and swelling, most commonly on the bottom of the foot. If you are having pain or are wondering if surgery is right for you, make an appointment with one of our doctors today.
- Posted on 02/12/2020Bunions Can Cause Long term Complications
- Posted on 09/06/2019What’s the Deal with Toe Separators Anyway?
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 10/24/2019 What are Hammertoes and Do They Require Surgery?
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!