There are really 2 basic reasons people end up having surgery for their contracted toes. The first is rubbing and irritation. This can be from your shoes or even rubbing on other toes. Another reason is pain in the joint just behind the toe, often on the bottom of the foot called capsulitis. Often when a toe changes position it puts increased stress at this joint and causes pain and swelling, most commonly on the bottom of the foot. If you are having pain or are wondering if surgery is right for you, make an appointment with one of our doctors today.
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 07/18/2019What's That Bump - A Series of Videos of Bumps on the Feet
- Posted on 05/28/2019Anti-Bunion Platform Sandals
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!
- Posted on 08/21/2018 How Do I Know If I Have A Hammer Toe?