Symptoms associated with gout can vary based on which stage of the disease one has. First stage most people have no noticeable symptoms, though the blood level of uric acid may be elevated. Second stage joint pain and swelling occurs and can escalate quickly. Gout most commonly affects the big toe but symptoms may also be felt in the foot, knees, ankles, hands, elbows and fingers. Third stage symptoms often decrease in intensity temporarily but final stage permanent joint or kidney damage may occur-called Chronic Tophaceous Gout.
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 04/06/2020Ankle pain may not actually be from your ankle. Read on to learn more about a condition we see here at PPFAC.
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.