Symptoms associated with gout can vary based on which stage of the disease one has. First stage most people have no noticeable symptoms, though the blood level of uric acid may be elevated. Second stage joint pain and swelling occurs and can escalate quickly. Gout most commonly affects the big toe but symptoms may also be felt in the foot, knees, ankles, hands, elbows and fingers. Third stage symptoms often decrease in intensity temporarily but final stage permanent joint or kidney damage may occur-called Chronic Tophaceous Gout.
- Posted on 04/06/2020The "Other" Ankle Joint
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.
- Posted on 04/12/2020 MLS Laser is A Key Treatment Option for Pain Relief
- Posted on 04/21/2019 Do I Have Gout?