If you have an open wound on her foot due to an inury or even something minor due to a scrape, the best thing to do is to apply continuous pressure if it is bleeding and keep it there until it stops. If it is a deep cut, a puncture wound, or due to a foreign object, or if it happened in an unclean environment, go to the emergency room at your local hospital to have it examined as you may need additional care such as stitches, an oral or IV antibiotic, or an Xray or additional testing. After the active bleeding stops, clean the wound with antibacterial soap and warm water and cover wth antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. Pouring hydrogen peroxide on it is not always the safest, as that chemical can also damage good tissue along with killing bacteria. After that, it is best to be examined by your podiatrist to determine if any other wound care is needed. If you have a wound or any type of injury, give Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic a call and our doctors will do our best to have you seen within 24-48 hours.
- Posted on 07/02/2016Why is my doctor asking if I am allergic to shellfish?
- Posted on 05/05/2016Here Come the Bugs!
- Posted on 04/16/2016Torture or Treatment: Episode 5-Acid on your skin
- Posted on 12/26/2018 What are Chilblains and When Should I Worry About Them?
- Posted on 04/17/2018 What Is A Wart And Do I Have One?
- Posted on 12/04/2015 When it is - or isn't - a wart on your foot