If you have an open wound on her foot due to an inury or even something minor due to a scrape, the best thing to do is to apply continuous pressure if it is bleeding and keep it there until it stops. If it is a deep cut, a puncture wound, or due to a foreign object, or if it happened in an unclean environment, go to the emergency room at your local hospital to have it examined as you may need additional care such as stitches, an oral or IV antibiotic, or an Xray or additional testing. After the active bleeding stops, clean the wound with antibacterial soap and warm water and cover wth antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. Pouring hydrogen peroxide on it is not always the safest, as that chemical can also damage good tissue along with killing bacteria. After that, it is best to be examined by your podiatrist to determine if any other wound care is needed. If you have a wound or any type of injury, give Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic a call and our doctors will do our best to have you seen within 24-48 hours.
- Posted on 01/22/2020Winter Weather Foot Problems to Watch Out For
- Posted on 08/27/2019This is Why (and How) You MUST Clean Your Yoga Mat
- Posted on 07/17/2019Before You Remove those Calluses, Read This
- Posted on 05/15/2020 Why is the skin on my feet so dry and flaky?
- Posted on 01/09/2020 What Are Plantar Warts and How Do We Treat Them?
- Posted on 03/21/2019 The first step in treating skin cancer is diagnosing it. If you have a funny looking lesion, don't wait to have it evaluated.