If you see your primary care doctor for aches and pains, he or she may have some suggestions for general remedies or you may be referred to a specialist. An orthopedist takes care of general bone and joint issues, however a podiatrist is a foot and ankle specialist. As podiatrists, we take care of everything having to do with the foot and ankle, heel pain being one of the most common complaints. Our training includes not only the anatomy of the foot, but also understanding the biomechanics of the foot and how it works in the gait cycle. Since we see heel pain on a regular basis, we have tried and true treatment plans to help you. Our doctors also take your activity level and lifestyle along with your medical history to help control and eradicate the pain. So for heel pain, and make an appointment with one of our doctors right away. The sooner you are evaluated, the sooner you will be pain free.
- Posted on 02/27/2019Why Standing All Day Is So Bad for Your Feet
- Posted on 09/21/2018Plantar Fasciitis - Heel Pain Stretching Videos
- Posted on 01/25/2018The most advanced therapy available in Elmhurst now!
- Posted on 11/28/2018 My Child's Heel Hurts: What Should I Do?
- Posted on 11/27/2018 Heel pain doesn't have to get you down and it isn't just a part of getting older despite what some people think
- Posted on 05/06/2015 Adult Flatfoot is also referred to as PTTD, or posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Learn more about this condition by reading on.