Plantar fasciitis is a condition whereby inflammation of the plantar fascia occurs, resulting in pain in the arch and heel particularly. The plantar fascia is a band of tissue that starts at the heel, extends across the arch, and inserts into the ball of the foot. It is probably the most common cause of heel pain. Most often, patients feel pain is worst with the first few steps in the morning, or standing up after rest. Though it is the most common cause of heel pain, it is important to see a foot and ankle specialist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. To find out more about heel pain, click here to get to our homepage. The sooner you seek treatment, the faster the pain will resolve, so do not delay. Call our office and make an appointment with one of our doctors.
- Posted on 02/27/2019Why Standing All Day Is So Bad for Your Feet
- Posted on 09/21/2018Plantar Fasciitis - Heel Pain Stretching Videos
- Posted on 01/25/2018The most advanced therapy available in Elmhurst now!
- Posted on 11/28/2018 My Child's Heel Hurts: What Should I Do?
- Posted on 11/27/2018 Heel pain doesn't have to get you down and it isn't just a part of getting older despite what some people think
- Posted on 05/06/2015 Adult Flatfoot is also referred to as PTTD, or posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Learn more about this condition by reading on.