Your foot typically has 2 sesamoid bones. They lie just under the long bone, or metatarsal, around where the big toe attaches to the foot. They lie within a tendon, and move freely with the tendon, akin to your knee cap. Inflammation of the sesamoid is called sesamoiditis, and it presents with pain under the ball of the foot just under the big toe.
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 04/14/2016Torture or Treatment: Episode 4-
- Posted on 04/21/2019 Do I Have Gout?
- Posted on 03/07/2019 Joint pain can slow you down. Let us take a look and get to the bottom of the issue and help you feel great again.
- Posted on 04/02/2018 Read on to learn the in's and out's of this not-so-uncommon condition