Your foot typically has 2 sesamoid bones. They lie just under the long bone, or metatarsal, around where the big toe attaches to the foot. They lie within a tendon, and move freely with the tendon, akin to your knee cap. Inflammation of the sesamoid is called sesamoiditis, and it presents with pain under the ball of the foot just under the big toe.
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 04/06/2020Ankle pain may not actually be from your ankle. Read on to learn more about a condition we see here at PPFAC.
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.