The foot contains fluid filled sacks, or bursa, that help protect joints against overuse and friction. The inflammation of these fluid filled sacks is called a bursitis. It can present as aching and swelling, irritated by activity of shoe gear. It is important to have your foot examined to rule out any other cause of pain such as fracture of the bone or infection, and to have the diagnosis treated right away to get you out of pain.
- Posted on 04/06/2020The "Other" Ankle Joint
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.