Swelling in your big toe joint can mean various things. If you remember trauma to the area or an injury, it could be a fracture or a contusion. If this swelling is something that has happened gradually, it could be arthritis in the big toe joint or bunion pain. If the joint is red and swollen and painful to touch, it could also mean that it is an infection, or it could be gout. Whatever the reason, a swollen joint is not normal! You should have the toe examined by one of our doctors.
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 04/06/2020Ankle pain may not actually be from your ankle. Read on to learn more about a condition we see here at PPFAC.
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.