Swelling in your big toe joint can mean various things. If you remember trauma to the area or an injury, it could be a fracture or a contusion. If this swelling is something that has happened gradually, it could be arthritis in the big toe joint or bunion pain. If the joint is red and swollen and painful to touch, it could also mean that it is an infection, or it could be gout. Whatever the reason, a swollen joint is not normal! You should have the toe examined by one of our doctors.
- Posted on 04/06/2020The "Other" Ankle Joint
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.
- Posted on 04/12/2020 MLS Laser is A Key Treatment Option for Pain Relief