Along with concern for your foot health, we are also concerned about your general health. But smoking can have an impact on the health of your lower extremity as well. Many of our patients are diabetics, and the American Diabetes Association recommends that if you are a smoker, quitting is the best way to prevent an amputation. Smoking causes a decrease in blood flow to the small vessels of your feet and toes, causing a delay in wound healing. In case of a bone fracture, or even in cases of elective surgery where bone healing is involved, smoking can cause a delay in bone healing as well. So visit your primary care doctor for tips on smoking cessation, and your general health will improve. And make and appointment with our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle and we can make sure your foot and ankle health are in tip top shape as well!
- Posted on 09/09/2020What diabetic patients can do for their feet every day, every week, every month, and every few months
- Posted on 12/23/2019This is how to Show Your Diabetic Feet Some Holiday Love
- Posted on 07/30/2019Don't take those diabetic feet for granted
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 07/08/2020 Diabetic Neuropathy can affect you and your feet in many ways
- Posted on 11/06/2019 Will CBD Help My Diabetic Neuropathy?