Although there are many gym shoes out there, it is important to look for quality over fashion if you want to keep your feet healthy and pain free. First, look for a stiff heel. When you cup the edges of the heel with you hand, it should hold up and not collapse. Sometimes shoes with a heel that is too flexible will not give enough support in the rearfoot. Next, make sure that the toe area is flexible. You want the toe to flex where your toes flex! On that same note, you want to make sure it is NOT flexible, in fact you want to make sure it is rigid in the midfoot or arch area because a shoe that is too flexible will collapse and will not be supportive enough. If you have specific questions, make an appointment and bring those shoes to the appointment and our doctors and give you feedback.
- Posted on 06/15/2021Getting outside is beneficial in so many ways. Here are a few suggestions on how to enjoy it.
- Posted on 05/13/2021Read on to find out ways to safely proceed with your return to running.
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 06/20/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 05/27/2021 Read to see the benefits of 10,000 steps per day!
- Posted on 04/11/2021 When Should An Athlete Go See A Doctor?