Although there are many gym shoes out there, it is important to look for quality over fashion if you want to keep your feet healthy and pain free. First, look for a stiff heel. When you cup the edges of the heel with you hand, it should hold up and not collapse. Sometimes shoes with a heel that is too flexible will not give enough support in the rearfoot. Next, make sure that the toe area is flexible. You want the toe to flex where your toes flex! On that same note, you want to make sure it is NOT flexible, in fact you want to make sure it is rigid in the midfoot or arch area because a shoe that is too flexible will collapse and will not be supportive enough. If you have specific questions, make an appointment and bring those shoes to the appointment and our doctors and give you feedback.
- Posted on 09/11/2020Should I rest or should I push through?
- Posted on 08/03/2020Don't Let Foot Problems Ruin Your Golf Game
- Posted on 03/18/2020Healthy Feet and Bodies in the Time of Coronavirus
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 01/29/2020 7 Easy Runners' Hacks To Keep Blisters At Bay
- Posted on 12/18/2019 Can My Strike Pattern Prevent a Running Injury?