When swelling is noticed in the legs, ankles and feet of both sides of the body (also called edema) and does not correlate with an injury, it is often due to heart and kidney failure and problems with veins in the legs. If left untreated, this can cause pain and even lead to open wounds on the legs which can be difficult to treat. If you have a recent increase in swelling in both legs, contact your primary care doctor and if the conditions above are not at play they may send you our way for further evaluation!
- Posted on 12/23/2019This is how to Show Your Diabetic Feet Some Holiday Love
- Posted on 07/30/2019Don't take those diabetic feet for granted
- Posted on 06/19/2019Got Diabetes? What You Eat Matters (More than you Think!)
- Posted on 11/06/2019 Will CBD Help My Diabetic Neuropathy?
- Posted on 09/08/2019 Is it safe to exercise with diabetic neuropathy?
- Posted on 06/23/2019 Tingling or Numbness in your toes? It could be peripheral neuropathy