The most common culprit of a black toenail is blood that has dried underneath the nail. Damage to the ends of the toes and pressure from shoes (a lot of times seen in runners) causes a subungual hematoma. This is a bruising underneath the nail and may start out red/brown but turns black as the blood dries.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus