In this weather, our feet are bundled up in socks (sometimes 2 layers!) and closed toed shoes and winter boots. With all of these layers, our feet tend to sweat a little more, with less venitlation, the odor seems to stay put. For our patients, we recommend Clean Sweep, a spray that can be used safely and sprayed directly into your shoes daily. It kills the bacteria and fungus that can cause the odor. It is also possible that you may have a fungal infection in your nails or skin that may also contribute to the condition. For more information about athletes foot, click here. If you have concerns about the smell of your feet or about athletes foot, stop by Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic and we'll help you get rid of that smelly odor!
- Posted on 01/22/2020Winter Weather Foot Problems to Watch Out For
- Posted on 08/27/2019This is Why (and How) You MUST Clean Your Yoga Mat
- Posted on 07/17/2019Before You Remove those Calluses, Read This
- Posted on 05/15/2020 Why is the skin on my feet so dry and flaky?
- Posted on 01/09/2020 What Are Plantar Warts and How Do We Treat Them?
- Posted on 03/21/2019 The first step in treating skin cancer is diagnosing it. If you have a funny looking lesion, don't wait to have it evaluated.