The only thing you can do at home for gout is ice and rest. Gout attacks can last up to a week before the pain resolves. If you are experiencing a red, hot, swollen, painful joint AND you have fever, chills or a sore on the foot – this is most likely not gout, but could be from an infection. If this is the case, trying anything at home will lead to further complications, so grab your phone and call the doctor to be seen as soon as possible!
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 04/14/2016Torture or Treatment: Episode 4-
- Posted on 04/02/2018 Read on to learn the in's and out's of this not-so-uncommon condition
- Posted on 05/21/2016 Diagnosing Gout
- Posted on 04/15/2016 Pain in the ball of the foot? It could be capsulitis