The only thing you can do at home for gout is ice and rest. Gout attacks can last up to a week before the pain resolves. If you are experiencing a red, hot, swollen, painful joint AND you have fever, chills or a sore on the foot – this is most likely not gout, but could be from an infection. If this is the case, trying anything at home will lead to further complications, so grab your phone and call the doctor to be seen as soon as possible!
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 04/06/2020Ankle pain may not actually be from your ankle. Read on to learn more about a condition we see here at PPFAC.
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.