If you have ever taken your nail polish off your nails and noticed a white streak or white lines or spots on the top of the nails, there are 2 main culprits. The first is that the nail may simply be damaged and dry due to chronic use of polish, as the chemicals can damage the nail. The other possibility is that it is due to a toenail fungus. Some nail fungus can cause a yellow-brown and thickened appearance to nails, but the nail fungus called T. mentagrophytes causes a superficial white discoloration across the top of the nail.
- Posted on 06/03/2020Why do my nails have ridging?
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus