If you have ever taken your nail polish off your nails and noticed a white streak or white lines or spots on the top of the nails, there are 2 main culprits. The first is that the nail may simply be damaged and dry due to chronic use of polish, as the chemicals can damage the nail. The other possibility is that it is due to a toenail fungus. Some nail fungus can cause a yellow-brown and thickened appearance to nails, but the nail fungus called T. mentagrophytes causes a superficial white discoloration across the top of the nail.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 06/03/2020Ridging and discoloration in nails can be frustrating - treating it should be directed at first establishing the cause. Read on to learn more.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat