Growing pains are thought, by many, to be a normal way of life for growing children and adolescents. The truth is that a condition called apophysitis has been referred to as "growing pains" but is truly not just a pain to be dealt with. Apophysitis is inflammation or irritation of growth plates in the body. In the foot, most commonly this occurs in the heel bone. Another name for this condition is Sever's Disease.
- Posted on 09/06/2019Here's What Your Child's Sprained Ankle Could be Hiding
- Posted on 08/22/2019Check out These 5 Ways to Prevent Gymnastics Injuries
- Posted on 09/06/2016Ballet and Your Feet
- Posted on 08/31/2019 Learn the Rules for Shoe Shopping with Kids
- Posted on 07/10/2019 Know the Risks & Protect Kid's Feet from Athletic Injuries
- Posted on 06/26/2019 What Shoes Should I Buy my Toddler?