This is truly a case where an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure...actually probably a ton of cure. Just by doing a few things you can help ensure that your feet will stay healthy for the long haul.
- Inspect your feet daily...can't see them? Having a mirror can help if you have trouble getting down there.
- Keep between your toes dry. "Flossing between your toes" after showering with a towel helps to ensure things are dry and clean.
- Use a good quality moisturizer daily.
- Keep your blood sugars under control. This is the #1 recommendation.
- Wear proper shoes. If you don't know if your shoes are the right size or shape, our doctors are happy to look at them and discuss with you the right shoe for you!
- Have your feet inspected yearly by a doctor- your primary care, your endocrinologist, or our doctors at PPFAC but make sure someone qualified is looking at those precious commodities!