Fall is here....and so are closed toed shoes! Many women come in with pain over the top or side of their big toe joint which is worsened in dress shoes. We have spent our summer in open toed sandals that gave our feet plenty of breathing room and now colder temps are here and boots and pointy toed shoes are back. The same shoes that fit last year may now cause pain as our feet change. The big toe is the most common place for this as it often has lumps and bumps (bunions and arthritis) where straps and the toe box of shoes often irritate. Initially, we recommend adjusting your shoes and finding those with a more roomy fit. However, if you are still in pain or want to wear "those shoes", call for an appointment today to explore your options with one of our surgeons.
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 07/18/2019What's That Bump - A Series of Videos of Bumps on the Feet
- Posted on 05/28/2019Anti-Bunion Platform Sandals
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!
- Posted on 08/21/2018 How Do I Know If I Have A Hammer Toe?