Fall is here....and so are closed toed shoes! Many women come in with pain over the top or side of their big toe joint which is worsened in dress shoes. We have spent our summer in open toed sandals that gave our feet plenty of breathing room and now colder temps are here and boots and pointy toed shoes are back. The same shoes that fit last year may now cause pain as our feet change. The big toe is the most common place for this as it often has lumps and bumps (bunions and arthritis) where straps and the toe box of shoes often irritate. Initially, we recommend adjusting your shoes and finding those with a more roomy fit. However, if you are still in pain or want to wear "those shoes", call for an appointment today to explore your options with one of our surgeons.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 10/05/2020Pain in shoes is not an indication not to wear them. Read on to learn a couple common reasons why your feet and shoes aren't getting along.
- Posted on 02/12/2020About those Bunions: Are They Really Just a Bump?
- Posted on 03/15/2021 Over the decades of surgically correcting bunions, there is now an answer that addresses nearly every concern of the past procedures.
- Posted on 02/04/2021 Dr. Doyle is a Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction Surgeon!
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!