One of the newest options for recalcitrant (that's Dr speak for stubborn) heel pain is an injectable called Amniofix. This is a revolutionary new treatment that delivers growth factors and extracellular matrix proteins (AKA...the good healing stuff) to your inflamed, painful heel. Amniofix is a one time injectable that is no more painful than a cortisone injection. It is similar to PRP (platelet rich protein) injections, however you do not need to have your own blood drawn for this injection. It is also a 1 time injection and PRP is typically 3. If you are having trouble getting rid of your heel pain, call our office or make an appointment today to discuss Amniofix.
- Posted on 02/27/2019Why Standing All Day Is So Bad for Your Feet
- Posted on 09/21/2018Plantar Fasciitis - Heel Pain Stretching Videos
- Posted on 01/25/2018The most advanced therapy available in Elmhurst now!
- Posted on 11/28/2018 My Child's Heel Hurts: What Should I Do?
- Posted on 11/27/2018 Heel pain doesn't have to get you down and it isn't just a part of getting older despite what some people think
- Posted on 05/06/2015 Adult Flatfoot is also referred to as PTTD, or posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Learn more about this condition by reading on.