Neuropathy is described as a dysfuntion of a nerve, which often causes feelings of numbness, tingling, or sometimes even pain. It is very common in diabetics and is described as diabetic neuropathy. If you are haveing symptoms of neuropathic pain at home, there are a few things you can do. if you are diabetic, you can start by controling your blood sugars. The more controled your blood sugars are, the less symptoms you will experience. In addition, you can take a B vitamin supplement. There are many over the counter supplements, however the 2 that our doctors recommend are Neuremedy and Nervasia. A consultation with our doctors can discuss which one is right for you. Click here to find out more about diabetic neuropathy. Although there are things you can do at home, the most important thing you can do is work with your doctors as a multidisciplinary team, and your podiatrist is a member of that team. Our doctors keep in close contact with your pirmary care doctor, neruologist, or endocrinoligist that is treating you for the underlying cause of the neuropathy. So make an appointment with one of our doctors today, and we can help get the best treatment started.
- Posted on 12/23/2019This is how to Show Your Diabetic Feet Some Holiday Love
- Posted on 07/30/2019Don't take those diabetic feet for granted
- Posted on 06/19/2019Got Diabetes? What You Eat Matters (More than you Think!)
- Posted on 07/08/2020 Diabetic Neuropathy can affect you and your feet in many ways
- Posted on 11/06/2019 Will CBD Help My Diabetic Neuropathy?
- Posted on 09/08/2019 Is it safe to exercise with diabetic neuropathy?