Neuropathy is described as a dysfuntion of a nerve, which often causes feelings of numbness, tingling, or sometimes even pain. It is very common in diabetics and is described as diabetic neuropathy. If you are haveing symptoms of neuropathic pain at home, there are a few things you can do. if you are diabetic, you can start by controling your blood sugars. The more controled your blood sugars are, the less symptoms you will experience. In addition, you can take a B vitamin supplement. There are many over the counter supplements, however the 2 that our doctors recommend are Neuremedy and Nervasia. A consultation with our doctors can discuss which one is right for you. Click here to find out more about diabetic neuropathy. Although there are things you can do at home, the most important thing you can do is work with your doctors as a multidisciplinary team, and your podiatrist is a member of that team. Our doctors keep in close contact with your pirmary care doctor, neruologist, or endocrinoligist that is treating you for the underlying cause of the neuropathy. So make an appointment with one of our doctors today, and we can help get the best treatment started.
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 04/09/2016Torture or treatment: Episode 3-Erector set for your foot
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.
- Posted on 04/24/2016 Keeping your feet healthy as a diabetic is easy once you have the right strategy to maintain those healthy feet