We recommend cutting nails straight across. If nails are cut at an angle, for example in the borders/corners, there is danger of having the nails grow back ingorwn. An ingrown nail grows into the skin, instead of growing straight out. When this happens, the nail can cause a break in the skin where bacteria can enter and cause a possible infections. The way to prevent this is to always cut your nails straight across.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat
- Posted on 05/23/2018 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails