Patients who have gout fall into 2 categories - either they are "under excreters" of uric acid, or they are "over producers" of uric acid. Either way, a patient who has gout has elevated levels of uric acid in their blood. A simple blood test can tell you if you have high levels. If you do, then chances are you already have had a gout attack or you are at high risk for a gout attack.
- Posted on 04/06/2020The "Other" Ankle Joint
- Posted on 11/29/2018Big Toe Joint Pain Video Series
- Posted on 07/02/2016How do prescription anti inflammatory medications work?
- Posted on 11/13/2020 If you love Thanksgiving as much as I do, you may find yourself overfull and tired, or even having foot pain afterwards. Read on to see what can result from overindulging on food or activity for this holiday.
- Posted on 08/15/2020 Diabetic patients need to be aware of a specific disorder that can affect the bones of their feet - Charcot arthropathy
- Posted on 06/15/2020 Different types of arthritis can effect your feet, especially your toes.