Ideally, we would like to practice yoga the way it was meant to be practiced, barefoot! Going barefoot on surfaces can expose your skin to bacteria, fungus, and viruses such as the virus that causes warts. However, just because you go barefoot, you will not automatically catch any of these ailments - there is a higher chance. So in order to limit your chances of catching something that you may have to seek treatment for later, you may want to consider only going barefoot on your mat itself. You know how clean your yoga mat is, and that should give you some solace. But many people wear socks or booties on the floors, then remove the socks right before class. If you have any questions about your bare feet, make an appointment with our office! We will do a full evaluation and recommendations for treatment, care, and prevention.
- Posted on 12/01/2020How do I take care of my feet if I have to stand all day?
- Posted on 06/01/2020How Do Different Shoe Styles Affect My Feet?
- Posted on 11/29/2019Will You Join My Resolution & Take Better Care of Yourself?
- Posted on 12/05/2020 There are a few things you can do to start habits that will assist you with your resolutions next month.
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 01/29/2020 7 Easy Runners' Hacks To Keep Blisters At Bay