Toenail fungus is one of the trickiest conditions we treat at our practice. Nails grow VERY slowly and it can take several months for the fungal infection to grow out. In some instances, topical treatment may not be enough. In certain cases, we may prescribe an oral medication in conjunction with your daily topical. However, this oral prescription tends to be hard on the liver so many patients may not be a candidate for this based on their current medical status. Nail avulsion, or total removal of the nail, is ideal for those who want a clean slate. Lastly, our doctors can refer you to another doctor who utilizes laser treatment as we do not perform this procedure in our office.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus