An ankle injury may be a sprain, where the ligaments or tendons around the ankle are torn or stretched, or it may be more serious such as a fracture. A sprain, or soft tissue injury, may swell up and become bruised, and you may be unable to walk. If you cannot weight bear, then the best thing to do is to immobilize it with an ACE wrap, ice the area, and make an appointment to have it checked. You want to make sure that it may not be a broken bone or chip fracture, which may need more long term treatment. If you have an ankle injury, make an appointment with PPFAC and our doctors will be able to examine your ankle, take digital x rays, and determine the appropriate treatment for the injury.
- Posted on 05/02/2019Why Skipping Could be the New Running
- Posted on 04/15/2019This tech could protect runners from stress fractures
- Posted on 04/01/2019This Pre-Run Warmup Could Banish Injuries
- Posted on 05/15/2019 Lace Your Way to Comfier Runs
- Posted on 03/19/2019 Running After Baby: What You Need to Know
- Posted on 02/24/2019 Do You Have Pain On The Outside Of Your Foot? It Could Be Peroneal Tendinitis