An ankle injury may be a sprain, where the ligaments or tendons around the ankle are torn or stretched, or it may be more serious such as a fracture. A sprain, or soft tissue injury, may swell up and become bruised, and you may be unable to walk. If you cannot weight bear, then the best thing to do is to immobilize it with an ACE wrap, ice the area, and make an appointment to have it checked. You want to make sure that it may not be a broken bone or chip fracture, which may need more long term treatment. If you have an ankle injury, make an appointment with PPFAC and our doctors will be able to examine your ankle, take digital x rays, and determine the appropriate treatment for the injury.
- Posted on 06/15/2021Getting outside is beneficial in so many ways. Here are a few suggestions on how to enjoy it.
- Posted on 05/13/2021Read on to find out ways to safely proceed with your return to running.
- Posted on 02/14/2021The Benefits of Stretching are Endless
- Posted on 06/20/2021 Are these normal aches and pains in my feet, or should I go see a doctor?
- Posted on 05/27/2021 Read to see the benefits of 10,000 steps per day!
- Posted on 04/11/2021 When Should An Athlete Go See A Doctor?