An ankle injury may be a sprain, where the ligaments or tendons around the ankle are torn or stretched, or it may be more serious such as a fracture. A sprain, or soft tissue injury, may swell up and become bruised, and you may be unable to walk. If you cannot weight bear, then the best thing to do is to immobilize it with an ACE wrap, ice the area, and make an appointment to have it checked. You want to make sure that it may not be a broken bone or chip fracture, which may need more long term treatment. If you have an ankle injury, make an appointment with PPFAC and our doctors will be able to examine your ankle, take digital x rays, and determine the appropriate treatment for the injury.
- Posted on 09/11/2020Should I rest or should I push through?
- Posted on 08/03/2020Don't Let Foot Problems Ruin Your Golf Game
- Posted on 03/18/2020Healthy Feet and Bodies in the Time of Coronavirus
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 01/29/2020 7 Easy Runners' Hacks To Keep Blisters At Bay
- Posted on 12/18/2019 Can My Strike Pattern Prevent a Running Injury?