If you go barefoot, there is no barrier between the bare skin on the bottom of your feet. So if you do come across the fungus that cause athlete's foot, it may very well infect your feet. The fungus lives on damp surfaces, and walking on such a surface may transfer the fungus to your feet. So instead of going barefoot, it is better to wear sandals, such as Spenco sandals, at all times. If you think you may have athlete's foot, make an appointment with our doctors today.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 07/02/2018 Toenails seem such a simple part of our anatomy, but the conditions that affect them are more complex and can be difficult to treat
- Posted on 05/23/2018 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails