"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." - Benjamin Franklin. My sentiments exactly! If you are currently under treatment for a foot complication due to diabetes, it is important to follow through on the complete treatment plan in order to prevent the problem from recurring. This includes returning for monitoring during follow up exams and check ups. Although you may feel like your feet are doing fine, it is important for the doctor to make sure that the complicating factors that caused the problem in the first place are thoroughly addressed. Our doctors at Prairie Path Foot and Ankle Clinic can also identify issues that may cause future problems, and it is important to address those before they turn into potential problems. So even if you think you are doing fine, it is worth having an expert take a look at your feet and give you some recommendations to keep you that way.
- Posted on 12/30/2018How To Perform a Diabetic Foot Self-Exam
- Posted on 05/12/2016Swab that
- Posted on 04/09/2016Torture or treatment: Episode 3-Erector set for your foot
- Posted on 06/14/2018 Peripheral Neuropathy - What you need to know
- Posted on 05/26/2016 The foot-related causes of hospital admissions may surprise you.
- Posted on 04/24/2016 Keeping your feet healthy as a diabetic is easy once you have the right strategy to maintain those healthy feet