That "crack" you see in the Xray in the back of a child's heel is normal; it is a growth plate. It is normal to see these "cracks" in the various bones of the foot, and they remain open until the later teenage years. But if your child is complaining of heel pain, it is important to have him or her examined by one of our doctors. It could be a condition called Sever's disease (calcaneal apophysitis) which is really no disease at all and very common
- Posted on 01/03/2020This is Why You Must Treat Kids’ Foot Problems Early
- Posted on 09/06/2019Here's What Your Child's Sprained Ankle Could be Hiding
- Posted on 08/22/2019Check out These 5 Ways to Prevent Gymnastics Injuries
- Posted on 08/31/2019 Learn the Rules for Shoe Shopping with Kids
- Posted on 07/10/2019 Know the Risks & Protect Kid's Feet from Athletic Injuries
- Posted on 06/26/2019 What Shoes Should I Buy my Toddler?