That "crack" you see in the Xray in the back of a child's heel is normal; it is a growth plate. It is normal to see these "cracks" in the various bones of the foot, and they remain open until the later teenage years. But if your child is complaining of heel pain, it is important to have him or her examined by one of our doctors. It could be a condition called Sever's disease (calcaneal apophysitis) which is really no disease at all and very common
- Posted on 10/09/2020Healthy Habits to Finish the Year Strong!
- Posted on 07/03/2020What your child's ankle sprain may be hiding
- Posted on 03/11/2020Everything You Need to Know About Childhood Heel Pain
- Posted on 08/31/2019 Learn the Rules for Shoe Shopping with Kids
- Posted on 07/10/2019 Know the Risks & Protect Kid's Feet from Athletic Injuries
- Posted on 06/26/2019 What Shoes Should I Buy my Toddler?