When patients come to our office with a concern of a bunion, some know right away that they need surgery and they are ready to schedule it. Many, however, want to put off any need for surgery as long as they can or avoid it altogether. So what can you do? There are splints and spacers out there, but they will not correct a bunion. Surgery is the only way to get that painful bump to go away. BUT, custom orthotics are incredibly helpful when it comes to bunions. They can provide relief and slow the progression of a bunion down and this can buy some of our patients a lot of time before surgery - or help them avoid it completely!
- Posted on 12/01/2020Even the President-elect Joe Biden gets foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions!
- Posted on 10/04/2020Orthotics are an effective adjunct to treat and prevent foot pain in patients of all ages
- Posted on 01/05/2021 Your feet set the stage for how your body responds to the forces of this planet. How could supporting them NOT make them feel better?
- Posted on 06/11/2020 If you have suffered from painful blisters after running, there are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of going through that again!
- Posted on 05/25/2020 Pain in the arch and ankle can be due to adult acquired flatfoot and tendinitis of the posterior tibial tendon. Read this article to learn more about the condition and what can be done to make it better!