If you burn the skin on your foot, an old wives tale urged you to put butter on a burn. It was once thought that coating it with butter would ease the pain. However, if you do this on broken skin, it may actually harbor bacteria and cause more harm. The best thing to do is run it under cold water right away. If there is a break in skin, you may want to use silvadene cream and a non-adhesive dressing. The best bet is to see a foot specialist to rule out any permanent damage and to receive other wound healing modalities that will allow the skin to heal faster. The skin on the top of the foot is more fragile than that on the bottom, and our doctors at PPFAC will be able to provide wound healing modalities that will speed healing of all wounds.
- Posted on 05/01/2020Is It OK To Go Barefoot All Day?
- Posted on 12/04/2019This is What Your Feet Can Reveal Abut your Heart
- Posted on 11/26/2019These are the Injuries to Watch Out for on Your Spin Bike
- Posted on 04/12/2020 MLS Laser is A Key Treatment Option for Pain Relief
- Posted on 01/06/2020 What Kind of Fractures Could Impact my Feet?
- Posted on 12/04/2019 What is tarsal tunnel syndrome?