Hammertoes are a condition that results from a muscular imbalance in your feet. This imbalance results in subconsciously gripping with your toes to stabilize your foot and over a period of time, the tendons that are pulling them down get tighter and tighter until the toes don't seem to straighten anymore. We have patient that we see early in the process who posess the muscular imbalance but whose toes are not yet severely or rigidly contracted. In these cases, custom orthotics are beneficial to restore improved function in your feet which minimizes the need for toes to grip excessively which results in less tightness and slows progression of hammertoes down.
- Posted on 12/01/2020Before you know it, it will be January. If you suffer through the holidays with pain, it will likely still be there when you are trying to devise your new years resolutions.
- Posted on 10/05/2020Pain in shoes is not an indication not to wear them. Read on to learn a couple common reasons why your feet and shoes aren't getting along.
- Posted on 02/12/2020About those Bunions: Are They Really Just a Bump?
- Posted on 03/15/2021 Over the decades of surgically correcting bunions, there is now an answer that addresses nearly every concern of the past procedures.
- Posted on 02/04/2021 Dr. Doyle is a Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction Surgeon!
- Posted on 01/20/2021 MLS Laser - all your questions answered!