Hammertoes are a condition that results from a muscular imbalance in your feet. This imbalance results in subconsciously gripping with your toes to stabilize your foot and over a period of time, the tendons that are pulling them down get tighter and tighter until the toes don't seem to straighten anymore. We have patient that we see early in the process who posess the muscular imbalance but whose toes are not yet severely or rigidly contracted. In these cases, custom orthotics are beneficial to restore improved function in your feet which minimizes the need for toes to grip excessively which results in less tightness and slows progression of hammertoes down.
- Posted on 02/12/2020Bunions Can Cause Long term Complications
- Posted on 09/06/2019What’s the Deal with Toe Separators Anyway?
- Posted on 08/20/2019Here’s Why Your Feet Swell in Summer & What to Do About It!
- Posted on 10/24/2019 What are Hammertoes and Do They Require Surgery?
- Posted on 01/14/2019 Why Bunion Surgery Isn’t a Permanent Solution
- Posted on 10/01/2018 Ever wonder what is that bump at the base of your baby toe? Read and find out!