Fungal nails are usually discolored, very yellow - maybe even brown. At our office, we take a biopsy of a nail and send it to a dermatopathology lab where they perform analysis under a microscope and also several stains to assess for the presence of fungus. This also helps to determine what type of fungus is in the nail.
- Posted on 12/17/2018Baby, It's Cold Outside: Time to Beat that Toenail Fungus!
- Posted on 10/30/2017Why do I get more ingrown toenails in the winter time?
- Posted on 09/20/2016Why do you want to take my toenail off!?!
- Posted on 03/08/2020 Everything You Wanted To Know About Ingrown Toenails
- Posted on 02/05/2020 This is What Your Toenail Color Could be Concealing
- Posted on 09/11/2019 Here’s What You Need to Know About Toenail Fungus