If you or someone you know has a bunion, typically people believe the only option is to have surgery. While this is the only way to get rid of the bunion, there are many cases when conservative treatment reduces pain and slows to progression down such that you may not need to worry about surgery - at least not as soon. Bunions are the result of compensation within your foot structure. Very commonly, a particular joint has more than the normal amount of movement which creates instability and allows a slow deviation/dislocation of a joint that is actually within the arch of your foot. Wearing an orthotics increases stability to this joint and helps your foot to function in a more balanced way which can alleviate pain and also slow the progression of a bunion.
- Posted on 05/03/2021Why Do I Need A 2nd Pair Of Orthotics?
- Posted on 12/01/2020Anyone - even the President-elect Joe Biden - can have foot pain!
- Posted on 10/09/2020Custom Orthotics - Answering the most common questions
- Posted on 04/20/2021 Care you take today can prevent pain tomorrow
- Posted on 03/28/2021 Custom Orthotics Fit In Those Shoes?
- Posted on 02/21/2021 Why aren't over the counter orthotics getting rid of my pain? Why custom orthotics may be what you need.