I recently saw a patient who was a former soccer player. She had been to a local running shoe store and found out that smaller is not better although it may feel more comfortable! From years of purchasing tight shoes to achieve the same claustrophobic feeling her feet were used to on the pitch, problematic symptoms had generated years later. She was experiencing both arch and toe pain before being fitted properly and finding out that her foot ailments were due to gym shoes 1/2 to a full size too small! Although she was weary of the size increase, two weeks later her foot pain had greatly improved. Take it from me, getting your foot properly fitted can save you a lot of pain down the road!
- Posted on 11/30/2017A vacation for you should be a vacation for your feet
- Posted on 11/17/2017The 'back in shoes' blues
- Posted on 04/03/2016Doing Yoga... in running shoes?
- Posted on 12/12/2018 Read on to learn more of the in's and out's of custom orthotics.
- Posted on 09/06/2018 What is uglier than gym shoes? A LOT of things
- Posted on 06/11/2016 Wearing the right shoe has a lot more to do with than just the size. Read on to learn more...